Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Perseid Meteor Shower From Sedona Arizona

Perseid Meteor Shower seen from Sedona, Arizona 2012
This photograph is a huge reason why I am surprise and my love for photography continues to grow.  We left the office and headed up to Sedona to photograph the Perseid Meteor Shower on its peek night above the skies of Arizona. I wanted to try a few different things so I made sure to set up my 2 Canons and hope for the best. All night all we heard was "I saw one." Then the unthinkable happened..... "I saw one and it HAD to go though your shot!!" Yet when the shutter closed, it was not there.  I was slightly sad and majorly confused by this.  We shot all night and simply hoped for the best, while we were shooting I got the amazing opportunity to get to know a couple friends a lot better, and even meeting a new friend that was from Sedona.  Bobby told us a lot about Sedona and about the fantastic location we choose.  
The Crescent Moon and Venus rising behind the Red Rocks of Sedona
We were about to wrap up the night when we noticed that the moon was crescent and Venus was going to rise behind the Red Rocks in half an hour, well we drove all the way there we might as well stay and see what we can get, was what we decided.  Then we saw the Dark Side of the moon, I think we all had a slight heart attack. It was such an amazing sight to see. Above is a long exposure of the Moon and Venus rising behind the Red Rocks of Sedona.

We all finally got home around five in the morning just before work for most of us.  That afternoon I started going through the photographs and to my surprise I got my first meteor. It was sent to the local news stations and was very quickly put on the air.  When I look at the photograph I will never forget the great memories that were made that night, "The face on my look" and that my first Perseid Meteor Hunt was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment