Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blink

While I was driving home tonight a song really just hit me.  The song is Blink by Revive-

“Teach me to number my days and count every moment before it slips away, taking all the colors before they fade to gray, I don’t want to miss even just a second more of this.
It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash, it happens in the time it takes to look back, I try to hold on tight, but there’s no stopping time.  What is it I’ve done with my life, it happens in a blink.”

Everyone always says, oh life is too short, you never know when you time on this Earth will be up and you will be called home.  It is amazing how long it has taken me to truly realize this.  Has anyone ever told you that you will die in three days so make sure you tell the people you love how you feel about them? No they never have! Sometimes a loved one can be taken from you in an instant, tragedy, overnight, or you could see it coming with an illness.  And I don’t know about you but I don’t want to be thinking, “what was the last thing I told them”, or “when was the last time I told them I loved them?” Because once that chance is gone, its gone, it will never come back.

I urge you please don’t let these little moments in life slip by you.  I don’t know I will die in my sleep tonight, get in an accident tomorrow, or live to be 90; none of us know, that’s why we have the love of Jesus Christ.  And why we have Faith, like the Bible says, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to that mountain ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move.’” If we have that Faith and trust in Him, He will protect us and the ones we love but when He is ready He will call us home.

Some people may think it is stupid, dumb, or even annoying that I might say “I love you” or “You are amazing” or “You have been such an influence in my life” but it doesn’t matter to me, I would rather let you know how I feel about you before I die, then have you be unsure if something should happen to me.  Like the song says “it happens in a blink, it happens in a flash” time can get lost so easily and fast. 
I don’t know why God laid this on my heart tonight but He did and He told me to tell you guys about this.  Take it to heart please, we don’t know how long we have on this earth, or how long our loved ones have one this earth so make sure you tell the ones you love that you love them.

‘Now listen, you who say “today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry business and make money.”  Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.  What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a short little while and then vanishes.  Instead, you ought to say, “if it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”’
                        -James 4 : 13-15 (NIV)

            So tonight as you are reading this I ask you to please consider giving your life to Christ, whether you know Him or not give you rlife to Him or take tonight to rededicate your life to Him with me.  Let him come into your life and bless, protect, and love you.  He is waiting for you.  In a sermon I recently heard Jesus is waiting at the door of your heart, waiting for you to accept him, but there is no doorknob on his side, only you can open that door and let him in, do it with me tonight.  If you need prayer or simply want to talk feel free to call, text, or message me.  I am here for my friends, family, and people I may barley know whenever you need me because I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment